FI:PV176 MS Windows Management II - Course Information
PV176 MS Windows Systems Management IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- Mgr. Vít Bukač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jakub Dobrovolný (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Lukáš Rychnovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Pavel Tuček (lecturer)
Ing. Pavel Babinec (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Libor Dušek (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PV176/01: Tue 10:00–11:50 A104, V. Bukač
PV176/02: Wed 10:00–11:50 A104, V. Bukač
PV176/03: Thu 10:00–11:50 A104, V. Bukač
- PV175 MS Windows Management I || SOUHLAS
Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals (at least comparable to PB152 Operating Systems course). User experience with Windows 2000 or later. It is recommended to complete the PV175 MS Windows Systems Management I course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 36 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course provides students with solid knowledge needed for designing, implementing and managing the Active Directory (AD) network by means of MS Windows Server operating system. This knowledge includes introduction to logical and physical AD structure, account policy implementation, domain controllers replication, security management, AD backup or remote software installation via group policies. The lessons are realised on Windows 2008 Server R2.
- Active Directory domain for complex management of Windows environment
- Name Resolution - DNS, NetBIOS
- Basic AD operations - management of users, groups and organizational units
- Group Policy - computer settings, software installation
- Operations Masters
- Physical and logical topology
- Server and desktop security
- MCTS self-paced training kit (exam 70-642) : configuring Windows server 2008 network infrastructure / J.C. Mackin and Tony Northrup. -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xxix, 656 p. ISBN 0-7356-2512-3
- MCTS self-paced training kit (exam 70-640) : configuring windows server 2008 active directory / Dan Holme, Nelson Ruest, and Danielle Ruest.. -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xxxiv, 952 s. ISBN 0-7356-2711-8
- Windows server 2008 Active Directory resource kit / Stan Reimer, Mike Mulcare, Conan Kezema, Byron Wright w MS AD Team -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xxix, 827 p. ISBN 0-7356-2515-8
- Windows administration resource kit: productivity solutions for IT professionals / Dan Holme. -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xlii, 709 p. ISBN 0-7356-2431-3
- Teaching methods
- Mandatory exercises (2 hours / week). Both the course and exam are in Czech.
- Assessment methods
- The exam consists of a written test and practical part.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.