FI:PV176 MS Windows Management II - Course Information
PV176 MS Windows Systems Management IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- Mgr. Libor Dušek (lecturer)
Kamil Roman (lecturer)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 12:00–12:50 D2
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV176/02: Thu 16:00–17:50 A104, K. Roman
PV176/03: Tue 8:00–9:50 A104, Š. Suchomel
PV176/04: Tue 10:00–11:50 A104, Š. Suchomel
PV176/05: Wed 12:00–13:50 A104, L. Dušek
PV176/06: Wed 14:00–15:50 A104, L. Dušek
- PV175 MS Windows Management I || SOUHLAS
Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals (at least comparable to PB152 Operating Systems course). User experience with Windows 2000 or later. It is recommended to complete the PV175 MS Windows Systems Management I course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 36 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course provides students with solid knowledge needed for designing, implementing and managing the Active Directory (AD) network by means of MS Windows Server operating system. This knowledge includes introduction to logical and physical AD structure, account policy implementation, domain controllers replication, security management, AD backup or remote software installation via group policies. The lessons are realised on Windows 2008 Server.
- Introduction and Installation of Windows 2008 Server, infrastructure services and Active Directory (AD).
- IP Addressing and Services, Name Resolution, Network Access.
- AD Logical Structure. Domains, Organizational Units, Accounts.
- AD Physical Structure. Domain Controllers, Sites, Replication.
- GPO - Group Policy Objects; Software Installation.
- AD Backup, Operation Masters Roles.
- MCTS self-paced training kit (exam 70-642) : configuring Windows server 2008 network infrastructure / J.C. Mackin and Tony Northrup. -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xxix, 656 p. ISBN 0-7356-2512-3
- MCTS self-paced training kit (exam 70-640) : configuring windows server 2008 active directory / Dan Holme, Nelson Ruest, and Danielle Ruest.. -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xxxiv, 952 s. ISBN 0-7356-2711-8
- Windows server 2008 Active Directory resource kit / Stan Reimer, Mike Mulcare, Conan Kezema, Byron Wright w MS AD Team -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xxix, 827 p. ISBN 0-7356-2515-8
- Windows administration resource kit: productivity solutions for IT professionals / Dan Holme. -- Redmond, Wash. : Microsoft Press, c2008.. -- xlii, 709 p. ISBN 0-7356-2431-3
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and mandatory exercises (1 + 2 hours / week). Both the course and exam are in Czech.
- Assessment methods
- The exam consists of a written test and practical part.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.