LF:BFLT0554c ETP in Ps., Ger. and Ped.-p - Course Information
BFLT0554c Exercise Therapy Programme in Psychiatry, Geriatrics and Paediatrics - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Zuzana Bernátková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Michaela Jahodová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Katzerová (seminar tutor)
Bc. Monika Krejčíčková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Milada Loubová, DiS. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Nosavcovová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Jana Pazderková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Alena Sedláková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jarmila Siegelová, DrSc.
Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Leona Dunklerová
Supplier department: Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 9:30–12:00 Katedra fyzioterapie a RHB, Fri 9:30–12:00 Katedra fyzioterapie a RHB
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BFLT0453p ETP in Surgery -l && BFLT0453c ETP in surgery - p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the course is clinical rehabilitation. Exercise therapy in children and seniors has specializet tasks. Exercise therapy in psychiatry has in the first aim the occupational therapy. Therefor the practice has importance of physiotherapy in acute state of the diseases and the practical teaching is in the about mentioned departments.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to use the following:
- physiotherapy in geriatrics (age and illness, examinations, surgical intervention in old age, preventive strategies in old age, gait and mobility disorders, nutrition and disorders in older age, delirant states, sleep disorders, pain and age, tolerance and pain management, and their prevention, cardiovascular disease, clinical manifestations of respiratory diseases and their treatment in geriatrics, the most frequent involvement of the digestive tract). Diseases of locomotive organs in older age, possibilities of their treatment by means of physical rehabilitation medicine. Neurological diseases of the elderly (CMP, Parkinson's syndrome, chronic neuropathies). Hearing disorders and vision in old age. Skin problems of higher age. Age demography, health status of the old population. Structure and organization of health and geriatric services
- pediatric physiotherapy (pediatric cardiology and rheumatology, childhood orthopedics - VDT, scoliosis, congenital malformations, vertebrogenic diseases, pediatric neurology - DMO, myopathy, peripheral paresis, pediatric traumatology + endocrinology - - physiotherapy in psychiatry
- physiotherapy in gynecology
- physiotherapy and hand surgery
- Physiotherapy in cardiology and respiratory function
- EXERCISE THERAPY PROGRAMME IN GERIATRICS
- 1. Old age and disease, geriatric patient examination, physiotherapy in geriatrics, surgical intervention in old age, preventive strategies in old age, gait and mobility impairment, alimentation and its impairment in old age, delirious states, sleep impairment.
- 2. Pain and old age, tolerance and pain management. Decubitus and its prevention. Most often cardiovascular system shows impairment in old age - hypertension, ischemic heart disease, arrhytmia, ischemic lower limbs disease. Respiratory system shows alteration in old age, clinical manifestation of respiratory diseases and its therapy in geriatrics. Most often gastro-intestinal tractus shows impairment in old age patients and medical rehabilitation therapy options. Nephrological and urological diseases are in old age as well as endocrinology in old age patients.
- 3. Locomotor apparatus diseases are presented in old age, therapy options and physical procedures of clinical rehabilitation, neurological diseases of old age (arterial cerebral events, Parkinson syndrome, chronic neuropathy). Hearing and vision is impaired in old age, dermal problems in old age, old age demography, health condition of old age population. The students study structure and function of medical and geriatric service.
- EXERCISE THERAPY PROGRAMME IN PEDIATRICS
- 4. Exercise therapy program in child age – general problems, differences in exercise therapy program in children and adults, outline of diseases, when exercise therapy program is indicated; Exercise therapy program in diseases of child respiratory system - bronchitis, asthma, cystic fibrosis.
- 5. Exercise therapy program in child cardiology and rheumatology; Exercise therapy program child orthopaedics – invalid posture, scoliosis, congenital defects, vertebrogenous diseases
- 6. Exercise therapy program in child neurology – infantile cerebral palsy, myophaty, peripheral paresis; Exercise therapy program in childs traumatology and endocrinology - diabetes, obesity
- EXERCISE THERAPY PROGRAMME IN PSYCHIATRY
- EXERCISE THERAPY PROGRAMME IN GYNEKOLOGY
- EXERCISE THERAPY PROGRAMME IN HAND SURGERY
- EXERCISE THERAPY PROGRAMME IN CARDIOLOGY
- EXERCISE THERAPY PROGRAMME AND RESPIRATORY FUNCTIONS
- 9. HALADOVÁ, E - NECHVÁTALOVÁ, L. Vyšetřovací metody hybného systému. 1. vyd. Brno : Institut pro další vzdělávání pracovníků ve zdravotnictví, 1997. 137 s. ISBN 80-7013-237-X
- HNÍZDIL, J. aj. Léčebné rehabilitační postupy Ludmily Mojžíšové. Praha : Grada, 1996. 16 s. ISBN 80-7169-187-9
- DYLEVSKÝ, I. - DRUKA, R. - MRÁZOVÁ, O. Funkční anatomie člověka. Praha : Grada, 2002. 664 s. ISBN 80-7169-681-1
- HROMÁDKOVÁ, J. a kol. Léčebná rehabilitace. 1. a 2. díl. 1. vyd. Jinočany : H a H, 1994. 392 s. ISBN 80-85787-69-5
- GLENDAL. L. - KEY, P.T. Industrial Therapy. Missouri : Mosby-Year Book, Inc., 1995. 521 s. ISBN 0-8151-5046-6
- HALADOVÁ, Eva. Léčebná tělesná výchova : cvičení. Brno: Institut pro další vzdělávání pracovníků ve zdravotnictví v Brně, 1997. 134 s. ISBN 8070132361. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- theoretical and practical exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 90.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- BFBP0622 Bachelor's Thesis II - practice
BFLT0554c && BFPD051 && BFPY051p && BFBP0521
- BFLT0655c Exercise Therapy Programme - Lewit, Kabath, Vojta, Mojzisova methods - practice
BFGY051 && BFLT0554c
- BFLT0655p Exercise Therapy Programme - Lewit, Kabath, Vojta, Mojzisova methods - lecture
BFGY051 && BFLT0554c
- BFSS066t Practical Exercise Therapy
BFLT0554c && BFPX044t && BFBP0521 && BFFT0543c && BFFT0543p &&BFZD0532c && BFZD0532p && BFER051c && BFER051p
- BFBP0622 Bachelor's Thesis II - practice
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2022/BFLT0554c