LF:BLMB011c Biology - practice - Course Information
BLMB011c Molecular and Cellular Biology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Marie Kopecká, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. David Šmajs, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Iva Slaninová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vítězslav Kříž, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kamil Matulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Pospíšilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (assistant)
Debora Ledahudcová (assistant)
Ing. Lucia Ráheľová (assistant)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Augustin Svoboda, CSc., dr. h.c.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Debora Ledahudcová
- Wed 16:00–18:30 B07/217
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Laboratory Assistant (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The subject will provide a thorough overview of current knowledge in molecular and cell biology: storage and expression of genetic information, cell structure and function including cellular interactions and development. Students will gain practical skills in microscopy, in performing biological experiments and their evaluation. The acquired knowledge will help students to understand better other subjects – techniques of molecular genetics, histology, biochemistry, physiology, pathology and human and clinical genetics.
- Biology of the viruses. Microscopic and submicroscopic structure of the prokaryotic cell. Microscopic and submicroscopic structure of the eukaryotic cell. Cytochemistry. Tissue and cell culture. Biomembranes and osmotic behavior of cells. Cryobiology. Techniques for studying of cells at the submicroscopic level. DNA replication. Gene expression. Cell cycle analysis. Mitosis. Meiosis.
- NEČAS, Oldřich, Augustin SVOBODA, Milan HEJTMÁNEK, Roman JANISCH, Miroslav ČERVINKA, Karel LENHART and Zdeněk KOLÁŘ. Obecná biologie pro lékařské fakulty (General Biology for Medical Faculties). 3. přepracované, v H+H 1. Jinočany: H+H, 2000. 554 pp. ISBN 80-86022-46-3. info
- Assessment methods
- written and oral examination, lessons are mandatory
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught last offered.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information