LF:BLMB011c Mol.andCell.Biol.-pract. - Course Information
BLMB011c Molecular and Cellular Biology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Augustin Svoboda, CSc., dr. h.c. (lecturer)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
Mgr. Martina Vráblíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Augustin Svoboda, CSc., dr. h.c.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Vopěnková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Wed 8:30–11:00 B07/214
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Laboratory Assistant (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The subject will provide a thorough overview of current knowledge in molecular and cell biology: cell structure and function, storage and expression of genetic information, cell division and differentiation, cellular interactions and malignant transformation. Students will gain practical skills in microscopy, in performing biological experiments and their evaluation. The acquired knowledge will help students to understand better other subjects – techniques of molecular genetics, histology, biochemistry, physiology, pathology and human and clinical genetics.
- Introduction. Viruses.
- Microscopic and submicroscopic structure of prokaryotic cells.
- Microscopic structure of eukaryotic cells.
- Tissue and cell cultures.
- Electron microscopy.
- DNA structure and replication.
- Expression of genetic information.
- Cell cycle.
- Human karyotype. Chromosomal aberrations.
- Autosomal and gonosomal inheritance.
- Aktuální protokoly k praktickým cvičením jsou dostupné pouze v elektronické podobě na stránkách informačního systému MU (ISu): Studijní materiály předmětu BLMB011c
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practise, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Lessons are mandatory. Individual protocols have to be downloaded from IS. Credit is given under following circumstances: all protocols checked (also for absent lessons), 1 absence is allowed, for any additional absence(s) student is required to write a thesis in the length of 2 pages on given topic. 3 or more excused absences (i.e. confirmed by the Office for Studies and included to the Information System) will be addressed individually and credit is given only after the proof of the student's knowledge of the whole term topics (credit test). In case of 4 or more unexcused absences credit is not given.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses