LF:VLIN7X21c Infectious diseases - practice - Course Information
VLIN7X21c Infectious diseases - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Petr Husa, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Krbková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Alena Holčíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Svatava Snopková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zuzana Rundesová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Matúš Mihalčin (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Husa (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lukáš Homola, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tomáš Gergel (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Roman Stebel (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lenka Vojtilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Evelína Kovácsová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Radek Svačinka (seminar tutor)
Mgr. MUDr. Radomír Křenek, MBA (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Marek Bezděk (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martina Pýchová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Peter Mikolášek (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zlatava Jirsenská (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lenka Klapačová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Václav Musil (seminar tutor)
Markéta Pospíšilová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Petr Husa, CSc.
Department of Infectious Diseases - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Infectious Diseases - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine (40,00 %), Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine (60,00 %)
- VLPF0622p Pathophysiol. II - lect. && VLPA0622p Pathology II - lecture && VLLP0633c Clinical Introduction III - practice && VLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II - lect && VLIM051p Immunology - lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- The concept of this course is introduction into the study of infectious disease. The aim of this course is to obtain basic information about infectious diseases - bacterial, viral, and parasitic, including travel-related diasease. The stress is put on practical education with the patients. This practical course is combined with tutorials stressed on the most important infectious diseases.
- Learning outcomes
- 1. Student can use information about etiopathogenesis, clinical manifestations, laboratory methods a therapy of infectious diseases. 2.Student presents spectrum of laboratory methods required for diagnosis of infectious diseases on the case reports. 3. Student control etiopathogenesis and clinical manifestations of HIV/AIDS on the base of practical education. 4. Student presents clinical manifestations an therapy of viral hepatitis on the base of case reports 5. Student meet the rational prescription of antibiotics a practical application of this knowledge.
- New infectious diseases.Viral hepatitis A,B,C,D,E,G; aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features including prodromal state, dynamic of the biochemical findings, aetiologic diagnostics direct and indirect (serology), treatment, sequelae, carrier state of the virus of hepatitis B and C, chronic hepatitis, treatment of them. GIT infections; pathology of the infectious diarrhoeas; salmonellosis, campylobacteriosis; clinical features, treatment. HIV/AIDS infection - stage, treatment, the principles of them. Respiratory infections, infectious mononucleosis, tonsillitis. Erysipellas, herpes zoster, infectious exanthema. Toxoplasmosis, tularemia. Infectious children`s ailments. The first information in neuroinfections. The antibiotic therapy by the infectious disease, antibiotic resistance, antibiotic policy. Antivirotic therapy. The strategy of vaccination - the present-day situation, the preview Clinical demonstration of the patients.
- required literature
- HUSA, Petr, Lenka KRBKOVÁ, Drahomíra BARTOŠOVÁ, Svatava SNOPKOVÁ, Alena HOLČÍKOVÁ, Pavel POLÁK, Radek SVOBODA and Kateřina HAVLÍČKOVÁ. Infekční lékařství. Učební text pro studenty všeobecného lékařství (Infectious Diseases. Textbook for students of general medicine.). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2011. 159 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5660-2. info
- Infectious diseases for foreign students. Edited by Petr Husa - Lenka Krbková. 1st ed. Brno: Masaryk University, 2013. 144 s. ISBN 9788021066304. info
- recommended literature
- Beneš, Jiří, hlavní autor a pořadatel. Infekční lékařství. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén 2009.651 s. ISBN 978-80-7262-644-1
- Teaching methods
- The stress is put on practical examination of the patients combined with seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Credit (attending of seminars and practical education).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses