LF:ZLOP0521p Oral Pathology I - lect. - Course Information
ZLOP0521p Oral Pathology I - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Markéta Hermanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Sylva Hotárková (lecturer)
MUDr. Iva Staniczková Zambo, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Lukáš Velecký (lecturer)
MUDr. Víta Žampachová (lecturer)
MUDr. Michal Hendrych (seminar tutor)
Markéta Grozertová (assistant)
Mgr. Iva Holušová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Markéta Hermanová, Ph.D.
First Department of Pathology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: First Department of Pathology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Wed 7. 10. 13:30–15:10 N01008, Wed 21. 10. 13:30–15:10 N01008, Wed 4. 11. 13:30–15:10 N01008, Wed 18. 11. 13:30–15:10 N01008, Wed 2. 12. 13:30–15:10 N01008, Wed 16. 12. 13:30–15:10 N01008, Wed 13. 1. 13:30–15:10 N01008
- ZLFY0422p Physiology II - lecture && ( ZLBC041p Biochemistry II -lec. || ZLBC0422p Biochemistry II -lec. ) && ( ZLAN0333p Anatomy III - lect. || ZLAN0222p Anatomy III - lecture ) && ZLHE0322p Hist.and Embryol.II-lect. && ( ZLLT0222s Bas.Med.Terminology II-sem. || ZLLT0222p Bas. Med. Terminology -l ) && ( ZLET021p Ethics in Dent.-lect. || ZLET011p Ethics in Dent.-lect. )
ZLFY0422p && ZLBC041p && ZLAN0333p && ZLHE0322p && (ZLLT0222s || ZLLT0222p) && ZLET021p && ZC041
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Dentistry (programme LF, M-ZL) (2)
- Course objectives
- The main aims fo the course include:
to study causes and effects of oral diseases
to apply knowledge of basic pathologic processes (regressive and progressive changes, inflammation, pathologic immune reactions, oncogenesis, genetic background of diseases) on orofacial diseases
understanding of macroscopic and microscopic correlates of orofacial diseases
knowledge of basic classification of both non-neoplastic and neoplastic orofacial diseases.
- Learning outcomes
- Completing the course, the student will be able:
to understand basic pathologic processes (regressive and progressive changes, inflammation, pathologic immune reactions, oncogenesis, genetic background of disease)applied on orofacial diseases
to know basic classifications of both nonneoplastic and neoplastic orofacial disorders
to know basic etiopathogenesis, both macroscopic and microscopic correlates of both non-neoplastic and neoplastic orofacial diseases, their basic clinical symptoms and complications
- Disorders of development of oral cavity and teeth (developmental defects of the oral and maxillofacial region).
- Tooth hard tissues diseases - teeth abnormalities.
- Oral mucosal lesions with characteristic aspective finding - white and pigmented lesions.
- Oral mucosal lesions with characteristic aspective finding - bullous mucosal lesions.
- Oral mucosal lesions with characteristic aspective finding - ulcerative, fistulating and pseudomembranous mucosal lesions.
- Dental caries.
- Disorders of dental pulp.
- required literature
- WOTKE, Jiří. Patologie orofaciální oblasti. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2001. 335 pp. ISBN 80-7169-975-6. info
- recommended literature
- SOAMES, J. V. and J. C. SOUTHAM. Oral pathology. 4th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005. xii, 278. ISBN 0198527942. info
- Teaching methods
- Oral pathology course consists of lectures.
- Assessment methods
- The course is closed by oral exam covering the set of oral pathology topics. The list of topics is available for students in advance. The student answers one question from the set of topics. Lectures are mandatory, knowledge is continuously orally interactivally tested during the lectures.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/ZLOP0521p