LF:aVLCH11XX Surgery - state exam - Course Information
aVLCH11XX Surgery - state examFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: SRZK (closing examination).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Vladimír Bartl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Ivan Čapov, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Petr Gál, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Václav Jedlička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kala, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Michal Mašek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Podlaha, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Hana Půčková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivo Rovný, MBA (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Robert Staffa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Vlček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Vokurka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jindřich Vomela, CSc., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Žák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jan Žaloudík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Kateřina Grosche (assistant)
Lucie Kučerová (assistant)
Eva Zahradníková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Igor Penka, CSc.
First Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Second Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFA0822p Pharmacology II - lec. && aVLNE9X1p Neurology - lecture && aVLPY9X1p Psychiatry - lect. && aVLDV7X1p Dermatovenerology - lecture && aVLAM9X1p Intensive care med. - lect. && aVLVL7X61c Internal medicine - part 1 && aVLVL9X62c Internal medicine part 2 && aVLVL9X63c Internal medicine part 3 && aVLVL9X64c Internal medicine part 4 && aVLVL9X65c Internal medicine part 5 && aVLIN9X22p Infectious diseases II && aVLON9X1p Clinical oncology - lec. && VYCET ( 1 , aVLAL091 Anaesthes. and Treat. of Pain , aVLDO091 Paediatric Oncology , aVLKF101 Clinical Pharmacology , aVLKB091 Clinical Biochemistry , aVLFP091 Physiology and path.of newborn ) && aVLCH9X33c Surgery III - practice && aVLCJ0888 Czech for Foreigners VIII && aVLSP03X Individual project
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the state exam of surgery is to verify the students knowledge of the general and special surgery in a full scale. Student has to be able to make clinical examination of the patient, differential diagnostics assessment and to propose next treatment. Student should be familiar with the acute surgical illness and its general treatment algorithm.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the State Rigorous Exam in Surgery, the student will be: - able to perform full physical examination of the patient and to respond appropriately to potentially life threatening situations - able to interpret findings from clinical and para clinical examinations, establish a differential diagnosis. - able to suggest additional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in surgical patients. - Know the possible complications of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in surgery. - to be aware of the continuity of other disciplines in the treatment of a surgical patient.
- State surgery exam
- general surgery
- special surgery
- clinical examination
- differential diagnostics assessment
- treatment proposition
- acute surgical illness
- recommended literature
- Ashcraft's Pediatric Surgery: 6th edition, 2014, Holcomb G.W. et al. ISBN : 9781455743339
- Clinical Surgery: With Student Consult Access, 3e Paperback – 13 Feb 2012
- Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, 10th edition,2015, Brunicardi F.CH et al. ISBN 978-0-07179674-3
- Teaching methods
- preparing for state examination
- Assessment methods
- Practical part of the State Rigorous Exam: Within the practical part of the State Rigorous Examination is to test the knowledge of surgical instruments, the ability to identify pathology on imaging methods (RTG / CT / MR), the examination of the patient - the determination of the differential diagnosis and the other diagnostic-therapeutic procedure Theoretical part of the State Rigorous Exam: Within the theoretical part, the knowledge of general and special surgery is verified in the range of knowledge based on literature recommendations, lectures, professional seminars and pre-graduate practice in surgery. The student responds to the draw questions in front of a multi-member committee.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Komise pro SRZ je studentovi přidělena
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: souvilsý blok 5 týdnů. Studentu jsou vypsáni na předpromoční praxi dle termínů a pracovišť.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.