LF:aVLPD11XX Pediatrics - state exam - Course Information
aVLPD11XX Pediatrics - state examFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: SRZK (closing examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. MUDr. Jan Blatný, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Milena Burianová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Doležel, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Petr Dominik (lecturer)
MUDr. Lenka Dostalová Kopečná, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Hrstková, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Petr Jabandžiev, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Krbková, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Dana Novotná, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Dagmar Procházková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Ondřej Rybníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Marcel Schüller, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jana Šťastná, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Jaroslav Štěrba, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Petr Štourač, Ph.D., MBA (lecturer)
Veronika Bradáčková (assistant)
Petra Pavliňáková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Petr Jabandžiev, Ph.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Libuše Darmovzalová
Supplier department: Department of Pediatrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFA0822p Pharmacology II - lec. && aVLNE9X1p Neurology - lecture && aVLPY9X1p Psychiatry - lect. && aVLDV7X1p Dermatovenerology - lecture && aVLAM9X1p Intensive care med. - lect. && aVLVL7X61c Internal medicine - part 1 && aVLVL9X62c Internal medicine part 2 && aVLVL9X63c Internal medicine part 3 && aVLVL9X64c Internal medicine part 4 && aVLVL9X65c Internal medicine part 5 && aVLIN9X22p Infectious diseases II && aVLON9X1p Clinical oncology - lec. && VYCET ( 1 , aVLAL091 Anaesthes. and Treat. of Pain , aVLDO091 Paediatric Oncology , aVLKF101 Clinical Pharmacology , aVLKB091 Clinical Biochemistry , aVLFP091 Physiology and path.of newborn ) && aVLCH9X33c Surgery III - practice && aVLCJ0888 Czech for Foreigners VIII && aVLSP03X Individual project
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of state examination is to confirm basic knowledge in epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the most common pediatric diseases.
- Learning outcomes
- The student knows the most common childhood illnesses.
The student knows standard diagnostic procedures and tests for the individual clinical conditions of the child and is able to apply them in practice.
At the end of the course, students should be able to diagnose and treat various pediatric conditions
- During the three-week practice, students work individually at departments and outpatient departments. Seminars are part of the course. After completing the internship, the practice is completed by state rigorous examination.
- recommended literature
- MARCDANTE, Karen J. and Robert KLIEGMAN. Nelson essentials of pediatrics. Eighth edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2019. xiii, 818. ISBN 9780323511452. info
- CLAYDEN, Graham. Illustrated textbook of paediatrics. Edited by Tom Lissauer. 2nd ed. Edinburgh: Mosby, 2001. ix, 410. ISBN 0723431787. info
- not specified
- KLIEGMAN, Robert, Bonita F. STANTON, Joseph W. ST. GEME and Nina Felice SCHOR. Nelson textbook of pediatrics. Edited by Richard E. Behrman. 20th edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2016. lxviii, 17. ISBN 9781455775668. info
- American Academy of Pediatrics textbook of pediatric care. Edited by Thomas K. McInerny. [Washington, D.C.]: American Academy of Pediatrics, 2009. xlix, 2935. ISBN 9781581106411. info
- Teaching methods
- preparing for the state examination
- Assessment methods
- State Exam of pediatrics has practical and theoretical part. Practical part – case report.
Theoretical part consists of 3 questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2022/aVLPD11XX