PřF:C1620 General and Inorg.Chem.-lab. - Course Information
C1620 General and Inorganic Chemistry - lab.Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Miroslava Bittová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Alena Pálková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Vašinová Galiová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Blanka Vrbková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Světlana Filípková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Marek Nečas, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C1620/01: Tue 15:00–18:50 C10/316, M. Vašinová Galiová
C1620/02: Tue 15:00–18:50 C10/316, M. Vašinová Galiová
C1620/03: Fri 12:00–15:50 C10/316, M. Bittová
C1620/04: Fri 12:00–15:50 C10/316, M. Bittová
C1620/05: Fri 8:00–11:50 C10/316, B. Vrbková
C1620/06: Fri 8:00–11:50 C10/316, B. Vrbková
C1620/07: Thu 8:00–11:50 C10/316, B. Vrbková
C1620/08: Thu 8:00–11:50 C10/316, B. Vrbková
- NOW ( C7777 Handling chemicals )
Basic knowledge of general and inorganic chemistry. Writing chemical equations, stoichiometric calculations, and calculations of solution concentration and mixing will be used extensively.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: practise basic laboratory operations (filtration, crystallization, distillation, extraction, sublimation, volumetric methods); use basic methods of determination of physicochemical constants of compounds; apply basic chemistry calculations in laboratory praxis.
- 1. Introduction, laboratory and equipment, guidelines for laboratory work and writing reports, safety rules. Pass-requirements.Balances and weighing. 2. Glass-blowing exercise, demonstration of glassblower work, work on glassblower burner and Bunsen burner. 3. 4. Synthesis of the KAl(SO4)2.12H2O. Crystalization. 5. Separation of the KAl(SO4)2.12H2O + CuSO4.5H2O + Cr2O3 mixture. 6. Extraction of the PbI2 from PbI2 and PbCrO4.PbO mixture. 0.5M NaOH factor determination. 7. Sublimation of the 1-acetamidoadamantane, melting point measurement. Preparation of 0,5 M H2SO4. Volumetric measurement of the molarity of H2SO4.
- MAREČEK, Aleš and Antonín RŮŽIČKA. Laboratorní technika pro nechemické obory. 1. vyd. Brno: Vydavatelství Masarykovy univerzity, 1997. 44 s. ISBN 8021016531. info
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory course.
- Assessment methods
- In-term tests to check an understanding of each completed laboratory exercise and related principles and calculations (stoichiometry, concentrations, titrations). Laboratory reports on all exercises.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Vyučují učitelé Ústavu chemie.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2010/C1620