PřF:C1650 Fundamentals of Chem.-lab. - Course Information
C1650 Fundamentals of Chemistry - laboratory courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Milan Alberti, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jaromír Marek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Věra Novoměstská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Milan Alberti, CSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- NOW ( C1640 Fundamentals of Chemistry )
Knowledges up to middle school level
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Basic laboratory work (filtration, crystallization, precipitation, distillation, extraction, sublimation, volumetric methods) as well as determination of physicochemical constants of compounds are exercised.
- 1.Introduction, operational safety, laboratory equipment 2.Works with glass, demonstrations of more complicated apparatuses 3.Practical exercises of basic operations e.g. destillation, filtration,acid-base titration etc. 4.Preparation of single crystalles of mixed sulfates 5.Separation of the mixture Cr2O3, CuSO4, KAl(SO4)2 by means of fractional crystallization 6.Extraction PbI2 from iodides mixture, determination of the factor NaOH 7.Sublimation of acetamidoadamantane in vacuo, determination of its melting points, determination of molar concentration H2SO4
- MAREČEK, Aleš and Antonín RŮŽIČKA. Laboratorní technika pro nechemické obory. 1. vyd. Brno: Vydavatelství Masarykovy univerzity, 1997. 44 s. ISBN 8021016531. info
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Vyučují učitelé katedry anorganické chemie.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2002/C1650