PřF:Z0062 Cartography and topography - Course Information
Z0062 Cartography and topographyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 4/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Milan Konečný, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Vladimír Herber, CSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Milan Konečný, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geography and Cartography (programme PřF, M-GR)
- Course objectives
- Introduction - cartography as a science. Objectives and language of cartography. Communication and cartographic design. Historical changes of cartography. General map characteristics. Classification of topographical, thematical and geographical maps, atlases and globes. Map content. Mathematical, physicogeographical, human, supplementary elements. Methods of cartographic interpretation. Map symbols and their importance. Cartographic symbols attributes.Methods of cartographic representation. Cartographic generalization. Essence and methods of cartographic generalization. Overview of the map creation activities.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: nutno zakončit v 1. semestru
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: nutno zakončit v 1. semestru.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses