LF:VLST7X1c Stomatology - practice - Course Information
VLST7X1c Stomatology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Sonia Bartáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Alena Bryšová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Pavlína Černochová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Antonín Fassmann, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lubomír Freyburg, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Karin Klimo Kaňovská (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Milan Machálka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Hana Poskerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ludmila Procházková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLST7X1c/09: Mon 3. 1. 7:30–12:20 N03901, Tue 4. 1. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 5. 1. 7:30–9:45 N03901
VLST7X1c/10: Mon 6. 12. 7:30–12:20 N03901, Tue 7. 12. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 8. 12. 7:30–9:45 N03901
VLST7X1c/11: Mon 22. 11. 7:30–12:20 N03901, Tue 23. 11. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 24. 11. 7:30–9:45 N03901
VLST7X1c/12: Mon 8. 11. 7:30–12:20 N03901, Tue 9. 11. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 10. 11. 7:30–9:45 N03901
VLST7X1c/15: Mon 25. 10. 7:30–12:20 N03901, Tue 26. 10. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 27. 10. 7:30–9:45 N03901
VLST7X1c/16: Mon 17. 1. 7:30–12:20 N03901, Tue 18. 1. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 19. 1. 7:30–9:45 N03901
VLST7X1c/30: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VLST7X1c/33: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VSPF0622p Pathophysiol. II - lect. && VSPA0622p Pathology II - lecture && VLCP0622c Clin.exam. in surgery II && VSIP0622c Clin.exam.in int.med.-pract. && VLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II - lect && VLIM051p immunology-lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Characterization of the field "Stomatology". Division of the field into dentoalveolar and maxillofacial surgery. Classification of parodontopathies. Etiology of the dental caries. Differences between primary and permanentdentition. Prosthetic treatment of defects of the dentition. Characterization of orthodontics.
- 1. Characterization of the field " Stomatology". Division of the field into dentoalveolar and maxillofacial surgery. Specifics of the post-graduate education. The in-patient department. Anesthesia in dentistry. Characteriazation of some interventions: tooth extraction, incision, resection, apicoectomy, transplantation, implanation. Tumours of the orofacial region. Inflammatory diseases in the dentoalveolar region, dentitio difficilis, periosteal inflammations, inflammations of the lymph nodes, inflammations affecting the jawbones. Cysts of the jaws. Fractures in the orofacial region. Lymphadenitis, salivary glands diseases, jaw anomalies, temporomandibular joint disorders, hemorrhagic diseases. 2. Classification of parodontopathies. Diagnosis and therapy with a view to needs of the dental practitioner. Oral mucous membrane diseases associated with systemic diseases. 3. Etiology of the dental caries. Prevention of the dental caries. Clinical symptoms, localization and classification of the caries. Caries treatment, filling materials. Pulpitis, periodontitis, focal infection. Treatment of the patient at risk, geriatric dentistry. Differences between primary and permanent dentition. Differences in treatment of teeth with incompletely formed apices. Development of dentition, teeth eruption. Injuries of teeth and their consequences. Guidelines in treatment of children. Significance of healty dentition for health of the child. 4. Prosthetic treatment of defects of the dentition and its significance for the health and social being of the individual. Characterization of orthodontics. Etiology of orthodontic anomalies. Prevention and prophylaxis in orthodontics. Classification of orthodontic anomalies, principles of treatment in orthodontics. Cleft defects.
- BILDER, Josef. Stomatologie :pro studující všeobecného lékařství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1996. 99 s. ISBN 80-210-1469-5. info
- KOŠUT, Vladimír. Stomatologie pro studující všeobecného lékařství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita-Lékařská fakulta, 1991. 78 s. ISBN 80-210-0227-1. info
- VELGOS, Štefan, Jaroslav KOMÍNEK and František URBAN. Stomatológia. 1. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 1982. 171 pp. info
- URBAN, František. Stomatologie. 2. přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Avicenum, 1976. 357 s., vy. info
- Assessment methods
- Full attendance in the course is the condition for giving credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.