LF:VLST7X1c Stomatology p. - Course Information
VLST7X1c Stomatology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Antonín Fassmann, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Lubomír Freyburg, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Zdenka Halačková, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Milan Machálka, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Ludmila Procházková, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Jiří Vaněk, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Sonia Bartáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Pavlína Černochová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Lydie Izakovičová Hollá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ondřej Liberda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tamara Smejkalová (seminar tutor)
Bc. Jaroslava Páleníková (assistant)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
Blanka Suchá (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLST7X1c/01: Mon 27. 2. 7:30–12:20 N04402, Tue 28. 2. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 1. 3. 7:30–9:45 N04402
VLST7X1c/02: Mon 5. 6. 7:30–12:20 N04402, Tue 6. 6. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 7. 6. 7:30–9:45 N04402
VLST7X1c/04: Mon 8. 5. each working day 7:30–12:20 N04402, Tue 9. 5. each working day 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 10. 5. each working day 7:30–9:45 N04402
VLST7X1c/05: Mon 24. 4. 7:30–12:20 N04402, Tue 25. 4. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 26. 4. 7:30–9:45 N04402
VLST7X1c/06: Mon 10. 4. 7:30–12:20 N04402, Tue 11. 4. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 12. 4. 7:30–9:45 N04402
VLST7X1c/07: Mon 27. 3. 7:30–12:20 N04402, Tue 28. 3. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 29. 3. 7:30–9:45 N04402
VLST7X1c/08: Mon 13. 3. 7:30–12:20 N04402, Tue 14. 3. 7:30–12:20 N17190, Wed 15. 3. 7:30–9:45 N04402
VLST7X1c/31: Mon 3. 4. 7:30–12:45 KOM 206, Tue 4. 4. 7:30–12:45 N17190, Wed 5. 4. 7:30–9:45 KOM 206
VLST7X1c/32: Mon 20. 3. 7:30–12:45 KOM 206, Tue 21. 3. 7:30–12:45 N17190, Wed 22. 3. 7:30–9:50 KOM 206
VLST7X1c/34: Tue 18. 4. 7:30–12:45 N17190, Wed 19. 4. 7:30–9:50 KOM 206, Thu 20. 4. 7:30–12:45 KOM 206
- VSPF0622p Pathophysiol. II - lect. && VSPA0622p Pathology II - lecture && VLCP0622c Introduc. to surgery II -pr. && VSIP0622c Introduction to internal II-pr && VLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II - lect && VLIM051p immunology-lecture && VLFA0621c Pharmacology I - p
VSPF0622p && VSPA0622p && VLCP0622c && VSIP0622c && VLLM0522p && VLIM051p && VLFA0621c
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Characterization of the field "Stomatology". Division of the field into dentoalveolar and maxillofacial surgery. Classification of parodontopathies. Etiology of the dental caries. Differences between primary and permanentdentition. Prosthetic treatment of defects of the dentition. Characterization of orthodontics.
- Learning outcomes
- Student are output for both theoretical and practical knowledge of maxillofaciall surgery, oral surgery, implantology, dental caries, diagnosis and therapy and its complications, treatment of prosthetic options. Student practically hnow how to do patient therapeutic treatment plan of prosthetic dentistry with fixed and removable dentures and ortodontic diagnosis and treatment.
- 1. Characterization of the field " Stomatology". Division of the field into dentoalveolar and maxillofacial surgery. Specifics of the post-graduate education. The in-patient department. Anesthesia in dentistry. Characteriazation of some interventions: tooth extraction, incision, resection, apicoectomy, transplantation, implanation. Tumours of the orofacial region. Inflammatory diseases in the dentoalveolar region, dentitio difficilis, periosteal inflammations, inflammations of the lymph nodes, inflammations affecting the jawbones. Cysts of the jaws. Fractures in the orofacial region. Lymphadenitis, salivary glands diseases, jaw anomalies, temporomandibular joint disorders, hemorrhagic diseases. 2. Classification of parodontopathies. Diagnosis and therapy with a view to needs of the dental practitioner. Oral mucous membrane diseases associated with systemic diseases. 3. Etiology of the dental caries. Prevention of the dental caries. Clinical symptoms, localization and classification of the caries. Caries treatment, filling materials. Pulpitis, periodontitis, focal infection. Treatment of the patient at risk, geriatric dentistry. Differences between primary and permanent dentition. Differences in treatment of teeth with incompletely formed apices. Development of dentition, teeth eruption. Injuries of teeth and their consequences. Guidelines in treatment of children. Significance of healty dentition for health of the child. 4. Prosthetic treatment of defects of the dentition and its significance for the health and social being of the individual. Characterization of orthodontics. Etiology of orthodontic anomalies. Prevention and prophylaxis in orthodontics. Classification of orthodontic anomalies, principles of treatment in orthodontics. Cleft defects.
- BILDER, Josef. Stomatologie :pro studující všeobecného lékařství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1996. 99 s. ISBN 80-210-1469-5. info
- KOŠUT, Vladimír. Stomatologie pro studující všeobecného lékařství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita-Lékařská fakulta, 1991. 78 s. ISBN 80-210-0227-1. info
- VELGOS, Štefan, Jaroslav KOMÍNEK and František URBAN. Stomatológia. 1. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 1982. 171 pp. info
- URBAN, František. Stomatologie. 2. přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Avicenum, 1976. 357 s., vy. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentations by professionals from all departments of Stomatological Clinic nad Deparment of Maxillofacial surgery.
- Assessment methods
- Full attendance in the course is the condition for giving credit.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.