PřF:B8240 Plant genetics - Course Information
B8240 Plant geneticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( Ex_3162 Obecná genetika || Imp_9126 Obecná genetika || B1900 Basic genetics || BMB32 Basic genetics || B6730 Basic genetics || B3060 Basic genetics ) && ( Ex_3065 Molekulární biologie || Imp_9115 Molekulární biologie || B3120 Molecular and cell biology || B4030 Molecular biology || B5740 Molecular biology || B6130 Molecular biology || B7940 Molecular biology || B4020 Molecular biology || NOW ( B4030 Molecular biology ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics (programme PřF, B-BI)
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (programme PřF, M-BI)
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (programme PřF, N-BI)
- General Biology (programme PřF, M-BI, specialization Plant Physiology)
- General Biology (programme PřF, N-BI, specialization Plant Physiology)
- Course objectives
- Reproduction of plants and its genetic consequences. Genetic resources. Origin of cultivated species. Interspecific and intergeneric hybridization - application in plant breeding. Sex determination in plants. Incompatibility systems in plants. Genetic determination of male sterility and its significance in plant breeding. Euploidy and aneuploidy, occurrence in wild and cultivated plants. Induced mutations in plants. Heterosis. Genetics of disease resistance in plants. Transgenosis in plants. Arabidopsis thaliana and other plant model organisms.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.