FI:PB161 C++ Programming - Course Information
PB161 C++ ProgrammingFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Nikola Beneš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Petr Ročkai, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. František Bráblík (seminar tutor)
Bc. Matej Focko (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Korenčik (seminar tutor)
Bc. Tomáš Krchňák (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Roman Lacko (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Henrich Lauko (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Jan Mrázek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Novák (seminar tutor)
Bc. Patrick Ondika (seminar tutor)
Bc. Anna Řechtáčková (seminar tutor)
Bc. Ondřej Svoboda (seminar tutor)
Bc. Jakub Šárník (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Vladimír Štill, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Bc. Šimon Varga (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zuzana Baranová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Nikola Beneš, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 12:00–13:50 Virtuální místnost
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PB161/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Focko
PB161/03: No timetable has been entered into IS. L. Korenčik
PB161/04: No timetable has been entered into IS. R. Lacko
PB161/05: No timetable has been entered into IS. H. Lauko
PB161/06: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Mrázek
PB161/07: No timetable has been entered into IS. P. Ročkai
PB161/08: No timetable has been entered into IS. A. Řechtáčková
PB161/09: No timetable has been entered into IS. O. Svoboda
PB161/10: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Šárník
PB161/11: No timetable has been entered into IS. V. Štill
PB161/12: No timetable has been entered into IS. P. Ondika
PB161/13: No timetable has been entered into IS. T. Krchňák
PB161/14: No timetable has been entered into IS. Š. Varga
PB161/15: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Novák
PB161/16: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- PB071 Principles of low-level prog.
Students are also required to have user experience with Unix OS or similar, as homework is submitted and tested on a Unix server.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 65 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goals of the course are to make the students familiar with the C++ programming language (as defined by ISO C++14) and the object-oriented programming principles (as implemented by C++). The course focuses mainly on using the standard library, efficient design of own data structures (classes), the principles of resource management, and the basic principles of object-oriented design.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing this course, a student should be able to:
- write C++ programs utilizing the tools of modern C++ (as defined by ISO C++14);
- use a significant part of the standard C++ library;
- create user-defined data types (classes) in C++;
- understand the value semantics of C++ and explain the difference between this semantics and other popular languages' semantics;
- understand the principles of object-oriented programming;
- design simple object-oriented architectures and implement them;
- use exceptions in an efficient and reasonable way;
- use modern development tools (IDE, debugger, version control, build automation tools, testing frameworks...);
- follow best practices guidelines for C++ programming.
- Basic features of C++ (with respect to C). Standards, compilers.
- Value and reference semantics of C++.
- Basic principles of object oriented programming (OOP). Object programming methodologies.
- User defined data types. Classes in C++. Class components.
- OOP in C++. Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism.
- Dynamic memory allocation. Dynamic memory management. Automatic and class pointers.
- Input and output in C++.
- Exception handling. Defensive programming.
- Templates. Standard C++ library and standard template library. Libraries for numeric computing.
- Application of object oriented design and design patterns in C++.
- Other OOP languages. Java and C# as compared to C++.
- STROUSTRUP, Bjarne. The C++ programming language. 3rd ed. Reading: Addison-Wesley, 1997. x, 910 s. ISBN 0-201-88954-4. info
- VIRIUS, Miroslav. Programování v C++. 1. vyd. Praha: ČVUT, 1998. 364 s. ISBN 8001018741. info
- VIRIUS, Miroslav. Pasti a propasti jazyka C++ : podrobný průvodce pokročilého uživatele. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 1997. 251 s. ISBN 8071696072. info
- VIRIUS, Miroslav. Od C k C++. 1. vyd. České Budějovice: KOPP, 2000. 227 s. ISBN 80-7232-110-2. info
- LOUIS, Dirk, Petr MEJZLÍK and Miroslav VIRIUS. Jazyky C a C++ podle normy ANSI/ISO: kompletní kapesní průvodce. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing, 1999. 644 s. ISBN 80-7169-631-5. info
- MEYERS, Scott. Effective C++ :50 specific ways to improve your programs and designs. 2nd ed. Reading: Addison-Wesley, 1998. xx, 256 s. ISBN 0-201-92488-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching consists from theoretical lectures combined with the practical exercises and programming homework selected to practice topics from lectures.
- Assessment methods
- Homework assignments during the semester, one mid-semester written test, final programming exercise. The recommended completion is the exam in the form of a written test.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- IB113 Introduction to Programming and Algorithms
!NOW(IB111) && !IB111 && !PB162 && !PB161 && !PB071 && !IB001
- PB007 Software Engineering I
PB161 || NOW(PB161) || PB162 || NOW(PB162) || PV178 || NOW(PV178)
- PV178 Introduction to Development in C#/.NET
PB006 || PB161 || PB162
- PV255 Game Development I
PB009 && PV112 && (PB161 || PB162)
- PV264 Seminar on programming in C++
- PV294 Advanced C++
- IB113 Introduction to Programming and Algorithms
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2021, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2021/PB161