LF:ZLBC041c Biochemistry II - pract. - Course Information
ZLBC041c Biochemistry II -practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Lucie Bláhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Gregorová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslava Hlaváčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Peš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jindra Smutná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Martina Hanousková (assistant)
Miriam Minaříková (assistant)
Mgr. Lucie Novotná (assistant)
Monika Šudáková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Monika Šudáková
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ZLBC041c/21: Thu 27. 2. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, Thu 19. 3. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, Thu 9. 4. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, J. Gregorová
ZLBC041c/22: Wed 26. 2. 8:00–9:40 A16/212, Wed 18. 3. 8:00–9:40 A16/212, Wed 8. 4. 8:00–9:40 A16/212, L. Bláhová
ZLBC041c/23: Thu 5. 3. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, Thu 26. 3. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, Thu 16. 4. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, J. Gregorová
ZLBC041c/24: Wed 4. 3. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, Wed 25. 3. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, Wed 15. 4. 8:00–9:40 A16/211, L. Bláhová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ZLLC011p Medical Chemistry,DM - lecture && ZLBF011p Med.Physics and Informat.-lect && ZLBI0222p Biology II-lect. && ZLBC0221s Biochemistry I - seminar && ZLFY0321c Physiology I - pract. && ZLFY0321s Physiology I - sem.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Course is complementary to ZLBC041p and ZLBC041s. The aim of the course it to bring experience with solving practical problems in clinical biochemistry, to acquire practical laboratory skills and to learn students to use results of biochemical analysis for diagnostics
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to manipulate with basic laboratory equipment and respect the principles of safe work in the laboratory
explains how to obtain biological material for biochemical analysis and respects the rules of manipulation.
Understands principles of interpretation of biochemical analyzes results , discusses the significance of test results.
Understands the principles of the most important biochemical-analytical methodologies.
- 1. Directions for laboratory work. Investigation of glucose metabolism Investigation of glucose metabolism Enzymatic determination of plasma glucose Determination of glycaemia by personal glucometer Test for glucose in urine. Test for ketone bodies in urine 2. Investigation of hard tissues Determination of calcium in serum Determination of total ALP catalytic concentration and bone ALP isoform catalytic concentration. 3. Investigation of saliva Investigation of salivary secretion rate Estimation of salivary buffering capacity Detection of selected organic compounds in saliva Detection of amylase in saliva and its substrate specifity
- required literature
- Návody ke cvičením dostupné v IS.
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practicals
- Assessment methods
- Full attendance in practicals and completion of all lab reports are conditions for giving the course-unit credit. Obtaining of course-unit credits of practices is the pre-requisite for registration to the examination of Biochemistry II.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
Information on course enrolment limitations: mimo studenty LF, max 5 posluchačů z MU, po dohodě s vedoucím ústavu
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/ZLBC041c