LF:aVLPF0521c Pathophysiology I - practice - Course Information
aVLPF0521c Pathophysiology I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Vendula Bartáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Kamil Ďuriš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jaromír Gumulec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Katarína Chalásová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michal Jurajda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Andrea Knight, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Máchal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Michal Masařík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Stanislav Matoušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Mrázková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Müller, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Pácal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Monika Pávková Goldbergová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Dipl. Ing. Martin Piskáček, Dr. rer. nat. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michal Šitina, Ph.D., M.Sc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Věra Ježková (assistant)
Mgr. Šárka Lakomá (assistant)
Mgr. Lucie Válková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D.
Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- aVLPF0521c/30: Thu 13:00–15:30 A18/112, M. Jurajda, J. Máchal
aVLPF0521c/31: Thu 13:00–15:30 A18/112, M. Jurajda, J. Máchal
aVLPF0521c/32: Mon 10:00–12:30 A18/112
aVLPF0521c/33: Mon 10:00–12:30 A18/112
aVLPF0521c/34: Tue 13:00–15:30 A18/112
aVLPF0521c/35: Tue 13:00–15:30 A18/112
aVLPF0521c/36: Mon 13:00–15:30 A18/112, M. Jurajda, J. Máchal
aVLPF0521c/37: Mon 13:00–15:30 A18/112, M. Jurajda, J. Máchal
- aVLFY0422c Physiology II - practice && aVLFY0422s Physiology II - seminar && aVLBC0422c Biochemistry II - practice && aVLBC0422s Biochemistry II - seminar && ( VLLM0421c Med.Microbiol. || aVLLM0421c Med.Microbiol. I - prac. ) && ( aVLFY0422p Physiology II - lecture || aVLBC0422p Biochemistry II - lecture )&& aVLHE0322c Histology and Embryology II -p && aVLAN0222c Anatomy II - dissection && aVLAN0222s Anatomy II - sem.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The student will be trained for assuming these knowledge and skills:
Principles and ethics of experimental use of laboratory animals, basic surgical skills, general principles of work with lab. animals - explorative laparotomy
Pathophysiology of blood and bone marrow disorders, haematological findings in selected blood disorders
Statistical analysis of experiments (introduction)
Exp. induced acute radiation syndrome in lab. animal – haematological consequences
Essential hypertension, resting and ambulatory blood pressure (and heart rate) measurements, postural changes, effect of isometric and aerobic exercise
Pathophysiology of ventilation disorders and pulmonary gas exchange – spirometry and hyperoxic test
Secondary hypertension, exp. induced renal ischemia – quantification of renal rennin expression
Conductive disorders, demonstration of selected types of arrhythmias
ECG monitoring of exp. induced arrhythmias in lab. animal
Exp. induced acute renal insufficiency in lab. animal – measurement of GFR based on kinetics of renal inulin excretion
Exp. induced renal failure - peritoneal dialysis in lab. animal
- Learning outcomes
- : Student applies the basic knowledge of biostatistics to explain the structure of reference intervals
: Student will describe the influence of ionizing radiation on the body at the level of molecular, cellular, tissue, and they justify the time dynamics of the system
: Student will describe changes in blood cell counts dynamics in the acute radiation disease
: Student makes a distinction between deterministic and stochastic effects of ionizing radiation and their practical implications
: Student will explain the principle of ultrasound and dopplerometric examination of the blood vessels, the underlying pathology of peripheral vasculature (venous valvular insufficiency, ischemia, short circuits, and steal syndromes)
: Student interprets the continuous ECG monitoring in experimental animals for several pathological conditions
: Student distinguishes ECG records most commonly occurring arrhythmias (sinus arrhythmia, SVES, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, AVRT, AV blockade blockade, ventricular tachycardia, torsades de pointes, ventricular fibrillation)
: Student demonstrates the basic static and dynamic parameters surveyed during the spirometric examination and their relationship to pulmonary diseased
: Student will describe the development of renal ischemia in experimental animal model
: Student will explain the determination of the glomerular filtration rate, depending on the curve of concentration of inulin excretion by the kidneys, while discussing the use of clearance of other substances (creatinine, PAH)
: Student demonstrates the emergence of renovascular hypertension in the Goldblatt´s model, renal artery stenosis, the difference between unilateral and bilateral stenosis, the role of the RAAS and the expansion of the volume due to hypertension diagnosis
- Introduction, health & safety in the lab. Principles and demonstration of peripheral blood flow examination using ultrasonography. Training of techniques for experimental practice
- Interindividual variability (tutorial). Training of techniques for experimental practice
- Principles and ethics of experimental use of laboratory animals, basic surgical skills, general principles of work with lab. animals & explorative laparotomy
- Principles of ECG analysis, demonstration of selected pathological ECG patterns
- Conductive disorders (seminar), ECG monitoring of exp. induced arrhythmias in lab. animal
- Exp. induced renal ischemia (part 1)
- Exp. induced changes in blood flow in the splanchnic region of the experimental animal
- Pathophysiology of ventilation disorders and pulmonary gas exchange – spirometry.
- Exp. induced renal ischemia – detection of renal renin expression (part 2)
- Exp. induced acute renal insufficiency in lab. animal – measurement of GFR based on kinetics of renal inulin excretion Cell cycle, oncogenes and suppressor genes, cancer development. (tutorial)
- Genetic susceptibility to disease – monogenic vs. complex diseases (tutorial)
- Statistical analysis of experiments (introduction).
- Tests, credits.
- required literature
- KAŇKOVÁ, Kateřina, Julie BIENERTOVÁ VAŠKŮ, Lydie IZAKOVIČOVÁ HOLLÁ, Michal JURAJDA, Michal MASAŘÍK, Lukáš PÁCAL and Anna VAŠKŮ. Pathophysiology practicals for General Medicine and Dental Medicine courses. 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2008. 46 pp. Portal of MU’s Faculty of Medicine [online]. ISSN 1801-6103. URL info
- recommended literature
- BIENERTOVÁ VAŠKŮ, Julie, Dana BUČKOVÁ, Lydie IZAKOVIČOVÁ HOLLÁ, Michal JURAJDA, Kateřina KAŇKOVÁ, Šárka KUCHTÍČKOVÁ, Lukáš PÁCAL, Anna VAŠKŮ and Vladimír ZNOJIL. Praktikum z patologické fyziologie. Elportál. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. ISSN 1802-128X. URL info
- VAŠKŮ, Anna a kol. Praktikum z patologické fyziologie. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2000. 59 pp. ISBN 80-210-2318-X. info
- Teaching methods
- practical exercises in labs, discussion to the given topics, video with comments
- Assessment methods
- Practicals are compulsory. The only permited reason for not attending is a student's sick leave. Student can - with tutor's approval - substitute the particular practical in a given week with another group in case he/she has a justifiable reason for it. Student's participation in the practicals throughout the term is certified by a credit. Students can be given written tests or individual home work by tutor's throughout the term. Students have to be wearing lab coats during the practicals.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Studenti opakující 3. ročník nemusejí znovu absolvovat praktika, budou jim uznány zápočty, ke zkoušce mohou přijít v nejbližším zkouškovém období.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 45.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/aVLPF0521c