LF:VLST7X1p stomatolology -l - Course Information
VLST7X1p Stomatology - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- MUDr. Sonia Bartáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Alena Bryšová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr Oliver Bulik (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Pavlína Černochová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Antonín Fassmann, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Lubomír Freyburg, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Lydie Izakovičová Hollá, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jarmila Kuklová (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Milan Machálka, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Vojtěch Peřina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Hana Poskerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Patrik Prachár, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Hana Střeštíková, CSc. (lecturer)
MDDr. MUDr. Dávid Száraz (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Jiří Vaněk, CSc. (lecturer)
MDDr. Filip Hromčík (seminar tutor)
Bc. Jaroslava Páleníková (assistant)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
Blanka Suchá (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Sonia Bartáková, Ph.D.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Oral, Jaw and Facial Surgery - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- VLPF0622p Pathophysiology II - lecture && VLPA0622p Pathology II - lecture && VLLP0633c Clinical Introduction III - practice && VLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II - lect && VLIM051p Immunology - lecture
VSPF0622p && VSPA0622p && VLCP0622c && VSIP0622c && VLLM0522p && VLIM051p && VLFA0621c
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
- Characterization of the field "Stomatology". Division of the field into dentoalveolar and maxillofacial surgery. Classification of parodontopathies. Etiology of the dental caries. Differences between primary and permanentdentition. Prosthetic treatment of defects of the dentition. Characterization of orthodontics.
- Learning outcomes
- Student are output for both theoretical and practical knowledge of maxillofaciall surgery, oral surgery, implantology, dental caries, diagnosis and therapy and its complications, treatment of prosthetic options. Student practically hnow how to do patient therapeutic treatment plan of prosthetic dentistry with fixed and removable dentures and ortodontic diagnosis and treatment.
- 1. Characterization of the field " Stomatology". Division of the field into dentoalveolar and maxillofacial surgery. Specifics of the post-graduate education. The in-patient department. Anesthesia in dentistry. Characteriazation of some interventions: tooth extraction, incision, resection, apicoectomy, transplantation, implanation. Tumours of the orofacial region. Inflammatory diseases in the dentoalveolar region, dentitio difficilis, periosteal inflammations, inflammations of the lymph nodes, inflammations affecting the jawbones. Cysts of the jaws. Fractures in the orofacial region. Lymphadenitis, salivary glands diseases, jaw anomalies, temporomandibular joint disorders, hemorrhagic diseases. 2. Classification of parodontopathies. Diagnosis and therapy with a view to needs of the dental practitioner. Oral mucous membrane diseases associated with systemic diseases. 3. Etiology of the dental caries. Prevention of the dental caries. Clinical symptoms, localization and classification of the caries. Caries treatment, filling materials. Pulpitis, periodontitis, focal infection. Treatment of the patient at risk, geriatric dentistry. Differences between primary and permanent dentition. Differences in treatment of teeth with incompletely formed apices. Development of dentition, teeth eruption. Injuries of teeth and their consequences. Guidelines in treatment of children. Significance of healty dentition for health of the child. 4. Prosthetic treatment of defects of the dentition and its significance for the health and social being of the individual. Characterization of orthodontics. Etiology of orthodontic anomalies. Prevention and prophylaxis in orthodontics. Classification of orthodontic anomalies, principles of treatment in orthodontics. Cleft defects.
- BILDER, Josef. Stomatologie :pro studující všeobecného lékařství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1996. 99 s. ISBN 80-210-1469-5. info
- KOŠUT, Vladimír. Stomatologie pro studující všeobecného lékařství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita-Lékařská fakulta, 1991. 78 s. ISBN 80-210-0227-1. info
- VELGOS, Štefan, Jaroslav KOMÍNEK and František URBAN. Stomatológia. 1. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 1982. 171 pp. info
- URBAN, František. Stomatologie. 2. přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Avicenum, 1976. 357 s., vy. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures of Restorative Dentistry, Prosthetic Dentistry, Oral surgery, Maxillofacial surgery,Ortodontics, Pediatric Dentistry
- Assessment methods
- Course is finished by oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/VLST7X1p