LF:VLFY0422c Physiology II - practicals - Course Information
VLFY0422c Physiology II - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PharmDr. Petr Babula, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Markéta Bébarová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Xenie Budínská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Mária Bugajová (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Monika Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Marie Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zuzana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Miriam Nývltová Fišáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Michal Pásek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tibor Stračina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Jana Svačinová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Veronika Tomášková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Anna Bartáková (assistant)
MUDr. Natálie Čurdová (assistant)
MUDr. Aleš Dvořák (assistant)
MUDr. Tomáš Fordinál (assistant)
Adam Hohl (assistant)
Viviana Krčulová (assistant)
Peter Matejovič (assistant)
Ondřej Pírek (assistant)
Natálie Rafčíková (assistant)
Ing. Gabriela Řezníčková (assistant)
Šárka Šmardová (assistant)
Mgr. Petra Štursová (assistant)
MUDr. Filip Šustr (assistant)
MUDr. Mgr. Eva Šustrová (assistant)
MUDr. Pavel Tinka (assistant)
MUDr. Petr Tinka (assistant)
Ondřej Žák (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Marie Nováková, Ph.D.
Department of Physiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Zuzana Nováková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLFY0422c/01: Mon 14:00–16:30 A20/113
VLFY0422c/02: Mon 8:00–10:30 A20/114
VLFY0422c/03: Fri 11:00–13:30 A20/113
VLFY0422c/04: Fri 11:00–13:30 A20/115
VLFY0422c/05: Thu 14:00–16:30 A20/113
VLFY0422c/06: Mon 11:00–13:30 A20/113
VLFY0422c/07: Wed 8:00–10:30 A20/115
VLFY0422c/08: Thu 8:00–10:30 A20/115
VLFY0422c/09: Wed 8:00–10:30 A20/114
VLFY0422c/10: Thu 14:00–16:30 A20/114
VLFY0422c/11: Tue 14:00–16:30 A20/114
VLFY0422c/12: Fri 11:00–13:30 A20/114
VLFY0422c/13: Mon 11:00–13:30 A20/114
VLFY0422c/14: Tue 14:00–16:30 A20/115
VLFY0422c/15: Wed 8:00–10:30 A20/113
VLFY0422c/16: Thu 8:00–10:30 A20/113
VLFY0422c/17: Mon 8:00–10:30 A20/113
VLFY0422c/18: Mon 8:00–10:30 A20/115
VLFY0422c/19: Wed 14:00–16:30 A20/115
VLFY0422c/20: Thu 8:00–10:30 A20/114
- VLFY0321c Physiology I - practice && VLFY0321s Physiology I - seminar && VLBC0321s Biochemistry I - seminar
Knowledge of medical biology and biophysics in the extent of subjects taught at Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (3)
- Course objectives
- To teach student clinically relevant examination methods and interpretation of their results in the context of physiology.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to apply practically the methods used for examination of the functions of human organ systems. Students will be capable of interpreting the acquired records with respect to physiological processes taking place in human organisms. Next, the students will derive and calculate other parameters and indices routinely used in clinical practice. Students will be able to evaluate the results acquired both by measurement and by calculation, and to explain possible deviations.
- Evaluation of nutritional state. Evaluation of sensitivity of respiratory centre to hypercapnia. Recruitment and summation in skeletal muscle. Blood pressure in man. Non-invasive methods of blood pressure measurement. Measurement of basic metabolic rate (BMR). Energy output in change of body position. Repay of oxygen debt. Calculation of energy expenditure. Examination of pulse by palpation. Ergometry. ECG. Blood flow in forearm (Pletysmography). Digital model of aortic function (a simulation program). Blood flow in veins. Apex beat, heart sounds. Systolic time intervals. Measurement of pulse wave velocity. Sphygmography.
- required literature
- NOVÁKOVÁ, Zuzana and Robert ROMAN. Praktická cvičení z fyziologie a neurověd (Practicals in Physiology and Neuroscience). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 152 s. ISBN 9788021063723. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is organized in the form of laboratory practices where students examine each other by given method, and they prepare the report from measured data.
- Assessment methods
- Credits are given on the basis of full attendance in practices and handling of all laboratory reports and successfully passed credit test(70% and more). Knowledge can be tested (oral or written form).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 45.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- aVLMO051 Molecular and Cellular Pathophysiology
(aVLFY0422c || aZLFY0422c || VLFY0422c || ZLFY0422c) && (aVLFY0422s || aZLFY0422s || VLFY0422s || ZLFY0422s) && (aVLBC0422c || aZLBC0422c || VLBC0422c || ZLBC0422c) && (aVLBC0422s || aZLBC0422s || VLBC0422s || ZLBC0422s)
- VLLP0532c Clinical Introduction II
(VLLP0431 || VLLP0431c) && VLAN0222p && VLHE0322c && VLBC0422c && VLFY0422c
- aVLMO051 Molecular and Cellular Pathophysiology
- Teacher's information