PřF:Bi8241 Plant genetics practice - Course Information
Bi8241 Plant genetics practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eliška Macková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- ( Ex_3162 Obecná genetika || Imp_9126 Obecná genetika || B1900 Basic genetics || BMB32 Basic genetics || B6730 Basic genetics || B3060 Basic genetics || Bi3060 Basic genetics ) && ( Ex_3065 Molekulární biologie || Imp_9115 Molekulární biologie || B3120 Molecular and cell biology || B4030 Molecular biology || B5740 Molecular biology || B6130 Molecular biology || B7940 Molecular biology || B4020 Molecular biology || Bi4035 Molecular biology - lab.pract. )
Mastering of requirements of B3060 and B4020 are convenient.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 16 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/16, only registered: 0/16
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The practical course of plant genetics is aimed at practical application of genetic and molecular-genetic methods in the study of plant genes and genomes: mutant and transgenic plants analysis, plant DNA isolation, transgene detection by PCR, molecular markers in genetic mapping and gene identification and whole genome genotyping. Completion of this course will ensure to the student to obtain the practical experiences with the particular laboratory methods.
- Learning outcomes
- Student requires practical experiences with the particular laboratory methods such as DNA isolation, gene identification by means of DNA markers, transformants selection.
- 1. Screening of transgenic plants, 2. Medium with antibiotics preparation, 3. Mutant phenotypes screening, 4. Plant DNA isolation, 5. Transgen identification by means of PCR, 6. Molecular markers - SSR, CAPS, 7. Genetic mapping by means of molecular markers, 8. Whole genome genotyping, 9. Plant databases.
- ŘEPKOVÁ, Jana and Jiřina RELICHOVÁ. Genetika rostlin (Plant Genetics). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita Brno, 2001. 269 pp. 3489/Př-12/01-17/30. ISBN 80-210-2736-3. info
- WEIGEL, Detlef and Jane GLAZEBROOK. Arabidopsis : a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor, New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2002. xii, 354 s. ISBN 0-87969-572-2. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical courses 4 hours long every two weeks. Protocols from individual topics.
- Assessment methods
- Three final group projects.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.