LF:BVZI0321 Basics of Int. Proped. I - pr. - Course Information
BVZI0321 Basics of Internal Propedeutics I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Karel Starý (seminar tutor)
Ing. Veronika Išová (assistant)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Karel Starý
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BKZA011p Anatomy && BVAT011p Anatomy of Digestive System && BKFY0222p Physiology II - lecture && BVOT011c Self-specific terminology && BVBE021p Bioenergetics - lectures && BVPP011p First Aid - lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the subject ïn a general part is to give informations about medical history, principles of clinical investigation and basic clinical measurements. Bedside getting of medical history is practicaly trained. Sings of illness, frequent diseases and specific investigated tools are discussed in speciál part of the subject.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to: remove patient history; apply basic methods of clinical examination of patients due to their field of study.
- General part: 1. Medical history 2. Signs of diseases 3. Clinical investigation - palpation, percussion, auscultation, inspection 4. Clinical investigation I. – head, neck, chest 5. Clinical investigation II - abdomen, extremities 6. Basic measurements - blood preassure, pulse, weight, height, BMI, temperature Special part 1. Gastroenterology – signs, selected diseases, examinational methods – sonography, endoscopy etc. 2. Hepatology - signs, selected diseases, examinational methods 3. Nefrology - signs, selected diseases, examinational methods 4. Hematology - signs, selected diseases, examinational methods 5.Pneumology - signs, selected diseases, examinational methods 6. Cardiology - signs, selected diseases, examinational methods 7. Rheumatology and endokrinology - signs, selected diseases, examinational methods
- recommended literature
- CHROBÁK, Ladislav. Propedeutika vnitřního lékařství. Illustrated by Josef Bavor. Nové, zcela přeprac. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. 246 s. ISBN 9788024713090. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, practical education,
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/BVZI0321