LF:VLDD101I Differencial diagnostics - Course Information
VLDD101I Differencial diagnosticsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1.6/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Marek Baláž, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Josef Bednařík, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. MUDr. Štěpánka Bibrová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Ivan Čapov, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Dolina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Aleš Hep, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kala, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Radek Kroupa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Darja Krusová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Karel Lábr, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Irena Rektorová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Michal Reška, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Ivan Řiháček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Vladimír Soška, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Špác, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Jindřich Špinar, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Lenka Špinarová, Ph.D., FESC (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Pavel Štourač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Jiří Vítovec, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Eva Vlčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Zdeňka Dvořáková (assistant)
Jitka Firešová (assistant)
Eva Kašpárková (assistant)
Lucie Kučerová (assistant)
Alena Stodůlková (assistant)
Hana Zemanová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc.
Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc.
Supplier department: Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- ( VLFA08222c Pharmacology II || VLFA0722c Pharmacology IIp )
Completed prerequisites, completed 4th year examinations.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the course is to teach the student differential diagnosis in the investigation of patients with internal, surgical and neurological diseases and to acquire correct and effective procedures during individual examinations. The issue is divided into internal and surgical. It deepens the professional knowledge and skills gained in systematic teaching.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to diagnose differential diagnosis in the patient after graduation. Student will be able to: to get a good history from the patient . to set priorities in the differential diagnosis procedure and to develop a diagnostic-therapeutic plan . Perform Physical Examination That Is Focused on patient's symptoms . to interpret all available data from an examination including a history, objective examination, laboratory and instrumental outcome . based on the results obtained, make the necessary clinical
- Teaching is carried out in individual specialized blocks - internal, surgical and neurological block in which differential diagnosis will be discussed: . fever . shock . breathlessness . chest pain on the chest . swelling of the lower legs . dysrytmia . collapse states . abdominal pain - acute bleeding from the digestive tract . dictionaries, diarrhea . hepatho- and splenomegaly . dyspepsie . cash and expectoration . haemoptysis (blood coughing) . acute and chronic kidney failure . abnormal urinaryconstitutionts . thyreopathies . joint pain . anemia . bleeding states . nodal syndrome . exanthema . falling in old age . acute and chronic cognitive disorders, depression . headaches . seizures . back pain . ion equilibrium disorders . sudden chest events . complications in the postoperative period . pulmonary infiltrates
- required literature
- LUKÁŠ, Karel and Aleš ŽÁK. Chorobné znaky a příznaky : diferenciální diagnostika. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2014. xxii, 890. ISBN 9788024750675. info
- recommended literature
- Diferenciální diagnostika ve vnitřním lékařství .Steffen, H.M, Griebenow,R. Meuthen, I a kol. Praha. Grada, 1. vydání, 2010, , 416 s.,ISBN 978-80-247-2780-6
- Raftery a.T. Lim E. Diferenciální diagnoza. Grada, Praha, 2009, 520s. ISBN 978-80-247-2356-3
- not specified
- • Differential Diagnosis of Common Complaints Symons,A.B. , Seller, R.H., 7th Revised edition 2017, 480 p. ISBN13 9780323512329
- Teaching methods
- Practical training (about 100 % of the total volume of teaching) is complemented by a comprehensive range of simulation teaching methods on simulators with varying degrees of fidelity, trainers and virtual patients. Simulation results in subsequent debriefing (feedback to the student). There is also problem-oriented learning in the foreground, where the student is taught by solving the problem presented, as well as team-oriented teaching when small groups of students discuss and choose a solution of the problem. Emphasis is also placed on the development of soft skills, incl. so-called "21st century skills", particularly communication, decision-making skills, critical thinking, crisis communication and teamwork.
- Assessment methods
- Traditional methods are complemented by objective clinical evaluation that verifies clinical knowledge and other skills such as communication, physical examination, performance, performance interpretation, etc. This evaluation method provides students with objective and specific feedback.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 24.