LF:BKZF031p Pharmacology - l - Course Information
BKZF031p Bases of Pharmacology - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0.5/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MVDr. Zuzana Babinská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Ladislava Bartošová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. MVDr. Leoš Landa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jana Merhautová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Jana Rudá, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Petra Řiháčková, MBA (lecturer)
PharmDr. Lenka Součková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MVDr. Eva Gospošová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Přibyl Dovrtělová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Matej Ľupták (alternate examiner)
Mgr. Kristýna Nosková, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
Mgr. Markéta Strakošová (alternate examiner)
Mgr. Tibor Štark (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- BKBC011p Biochemistry -lec &&( BKFY0222p Physiology II - lecture || BOFY0222p Physiology II-lec. ) &&( BKBI011 Biology || BKLT011 Medical Latin ) && BKHI021p Histology - lec.
BKBC011p &&( BKFY0222p || BOFY0222p) &&( BKBI011 || BKLT011) &&BKHI021p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main aims of the course involve:
understanding of main pharmacological mechanisms of drug actions leading to therapeutic, adverse and toxic effects of drugs and eventually their combinations;
knowledge of pharmacological profiles of representative drugs from groups of drugs selected in the curriculum
Problematics of eye pharmacology is part of a separate subject
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will able:
- to understand main pharmacological mechanisms of drug actions leading to therapeutic, adverse and toxic effects of drugs and eventually their combinations;
- to recognize main drug classes and pharmacological profiles of representative drugs from groups of drugs selected in the curriculum.
- 1.LECTURE: Basic pharmacological terminology. Drug classification. Mechanisms of drug effects. Basics of pharmacokinetics. 2.LECTURE: Factors influencing drug effects. Adverse drug effects. Drug interaction. Development of new drugs, drug life-cycle. 3.LECTURE: Pharmacology of vegetative nervous system. Adrenergic and cholinergic receptors and their agonists and antagonists. 4.LECTURE: Glucocorticoids and immunosuppressant therapy. Pharmacology of allergic reactions – antihistamines.
- required literature
- MÁCHALOVÁ, Alena, Zuzana BABINSKÁ, Jan JUŘICA, Gabriela DOVRTĚLOVÁ, Hana KOSTKOVÁ, Leoš LANDA, Jana MERHAUTOVÁ, Kristýna NOSKOVÁ, Tibor ŠTARK, Katarína TABI, Jana PISTOVČÁKOVÁ and Ondřej ZENDULKA. Farmakologie pro studenty bakalářských oborů na LF MU (Pharmacology for students of bachelor's programmes at FoM MU). 2016. 397 pp. URL info
- recommended literature
- MARTÍNKOVÁ, Jiřina. Farmakologie pro studenty zdravotnických oborů. 2., zcela přeprac. a doplň. Praha: Grada, 2014. ISBN 9788024713564. info
- Teaching methods
- The curriculum enables attendance at lectures read by teachers of pharmacology. Students are provided with the pharmacology teacher presentation of the topic according to the curriculum.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium - written form
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses