PdF:SZ6017 Multicultural Lectures at Seco - Course Information
SZ6017 Multicultural Lectures at Secondary EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. et Mgr. Martina Kurowski, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Dittingerová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Lenka Gulová, Ph.D.
Department of Social Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Social Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ6017/01: Fri 18. 2. 9:00–12:50 učebna 37, Fri 4. 3. 9:00–12:50 učebna 37, Fri 11. 3. 9:00–12:50 učebna 37, Fri 1. 4. 9:00–12:50 učebna 51, Fri 29. 4. 9:00–12:50 učebna 57, E. Dittingerová, M. Kurowski
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6013 Drama Education in Teaching Practice , SZ6014 Global Development Education in Teachers Preparation , SZ6016 Methods of Respecting Education Training , SZ6015 Cross-curricular Subjects in the National Framework Programme , SZ6018 Personal and Social Education , SZ6019 Support of Student's Elf-development through Coaching Techniques , SZ6020 Education of Student's with Different first Language , SZ6021 Social Pathology in Secondary Education , SZ6022 Values Education in Teaching Practice , SZ6023 Gifted Student's Education , SZ6024 Education in Teaching Practice , SZ6025 Analysis and Interpretation of Educational Situations in Schools )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 48 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 8/48, only registered: 0/48, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/48
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 61 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is the preparation and teaching of a multicultural lesson which the students create in small groups under the supervisor’s guidance. The students will form teams, contact a school to which they offer their multicultural lesson. After agreement with the school’s representative (the teacher), they will choose the topic of the lesson on which they will gradually work in seminars and during consultations with the supervisor. The result is at least a two-hour multicultural lesson aimed at pupils and secondary school students. During the seminar, the students will present the progress they made on their lesson which they will also consult with the supervisor. At the end of the seminar, the lesson will be presented and the students will compile it into a methodological material. When creating the lesson, they can work with a number of techniques, whether drama education, or various types of activities or using a variety of didactic methods.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the students will be able to: - contact school employees and arrange a multicultural lesson for a specific group of pupils (ideally a class) - prepare and compile the selected topic of multicultural education during theoretical preparation (e.g. racism, prejudice, discrimination, refugees, minorities, the Holocaust, world religions, etc.). - create the multicultural lesson for the specific group of pupils by means of a variety of methods and activities - perform the multicultural lesson as a team at the school - compile a methodological material for the multicultural lesson - present the result of the educational work in a group
- Topics of the multicultural lessons The importance of multicultural education, topics of ME (discrimination, racism, xenophobia, culture, diversity, etc.) Selected topics of ME – migration – history and current state, refugees in our country, the asylum policy of the Czech Republic Ethnic minorities in our country, aspects of peaceful co-existence. Across cultures, what connects us and what divides us. Diversity in the society, diversity at schools. Controversial social topics – the Roma and majority society, co-existence, selected topics. Formation of prejudices and attitudes, causes, sources, searching for a solution. Anti-Semitism still alive; the longest enduring hatred in human history – in the past and today. World religions and new religious movements – basic insight, possible centres of conflict. Discrimination of selected groups in the society, people with a different sexual orientation, gender topics, ageism, extremism and its manifestations in the society.
- required literature
- GULOVÁ, Lenka. Studentské profesní praxe - multikulturní lekce ve školách a dalších institucích (Student Teaching Practice – Multicultural Lesson at Schools and Other Institutions). první. Brno: MUNIPRESS, 2015. 305 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-8119-2. info
- recommended literature
- GULOVÁ, Lenka. Multikulturní výchova jako přirozená součást vzdělávání (Multicultural Education as an Intrinsic Part of Education). In Preissová Krejčí, A. - Cichá, M. Jinakost, předsudky, multikulturalismus: Možnosti a limity multikulturní výchovy. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2012. p. 83-99. ISBN 978-80-244-3287-8. info
- GULOVÁ, Lenka. Sociální pedagogika a multikulturní výchova v otázkách. (Social and multicultural education in questions.). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2008. 212 pp. 1.vydání. ISBN 978-80-210-4724-2. info
- PRŮCHA, Jan. Multikulturní výchova :teorie - praxe - výzkum. Vyd. 1. Praha: ISV nakladatelství, 2001. 211 s. ISBN 80-85866-72-2. info
- Výchova k toleranci a proti rasismu : [multikulturní výchova v praxi]. Edited by Tatjana Šišková. Vyd. 2., aktualiz. Praha: Portál, 2008. 273 s. ISBN 9788073671822. info
- Teaching methods
- The students work in teams (each team will have three or more members). They will contact a school and together with the teacher will agree on the topic of the multicultural lesson which they will prepare under the supervisor’s or teacher’s guidance and will perform it at the specific school. The student teams will also prepare a presentation and a methodological material about the activity. At the end of the semester, the students will present their activities in the final seminar.
- Assessment methods
- final (group) project
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2022/SZ6017