PřF:B6270 Cytogenetics - Course Information
B6270 CytogeneticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Kuglík, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Petr Kuglík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Kuglík, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Petr Kuglík, CSc.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Ex_3162 Obecná genetika || Imp_9126 Obecná genetika || B1900 Basic genetics || BMB32 Basic genetics || B6730 Basic genetics || B8470 Genetics || B3060 Basic genetics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- History of cytogenetics. Objects, aims and methods of cytogenetics. Instrumental analysis of cytogentic structures. Light microscopy, phase microscopy, darkfield microscopy, fluorescent microscopy. Cytochemical and histochemical methods. Technical equipment of cytogenetics laboratory. Basic techniques of cytogenetic preparation making. Pretreatment, fixation, maceration, staining, closing of preparations. Paraffin technique, squash methods, spreading methods. Cell cycle and DNA content in eukaryotic cells. Mitosis, meiosis and cell division. Interphase nucleus, chromatin and organization of chromosomes. Relation between structure and function of chromatin. Chromosomal shape, karyotyp, idiogram. Banding methods. Q, G, C, R, N-banding. HRT technique. Chromosomal changes. Structural chromosomal changes. Origin a significance of chromosomal aberrations. Application of short-term cytogenetics assays for screening of environmental mutagens - chromosomal aberrations, micronucleus test, sister chromatid exchanges. Human cytogenetics. Cytogenetic abnormalities in hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Molecular cytogenetics. Methods and applications of fluorescence in situ hybridization in biological dosimetry and detection of disease-specific chromosomal alterations.
- Kuglík, P.: Vybrané kapitoly z cytogenetiky. Skriptum, Masarykova univerzita, Brno, 2000.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2002/B6270