LF:VLPX084t Vacational training - Course Information
VLPX084t Vacational Training in Surgery and Internal MedicineFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VSPF0622p Pathophysiol. II - lect. && VSPA0622p Pathology II - lecture && VSIP0622c Introduction to internal II-pr && VLCP0622c Introduc. to surgery II -pr. && VLPX061t Vacational Training
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This subject is arranged in cooperation with district hospitals and offers students the opportunity to be more familial with routine performance of internal and surgical department and out-patient clinics.
- 1st week - department of medicine, diagnostic examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures, patient education, dimission
- 2nd week - internal out-patient clinic, rules of the care on out-patient basis, cooperation with home care agencies, emergency dept.
- 3rd week - surgical department, diagnostic procedures, bedside surgical procedures, operation theatre
- 4th week - surgical out patient clinic, small injuries, acute abdomen, emergencies at surgical out-patient clinic
- KLENER, Pavel. Vnitřní lékařství. 3., přepr. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006. 1158 s. ISBN 8024612526. info
- Teaching methods
- practical training at hospital during holidays
- Assessment methods
- Certificate of the district hospital, credit
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 týdny.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses