PřF:Bi3060 Basic genetics - Course Information
Bi3060 Basic geneticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/0/0. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jiřina Relichová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiřina Relichová, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jiřina Relichová, CSc.
- Knowledge of basic genetic principles from the secondary school.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Basic course of genetics with explanation of the most important parts: History of genetics. Mendel's experiments. Model objects in genetics. Principles of segregation and independent assortment. Multiple alleles. Allelic and gene interactions. Mechanisms of sex determination. Sex differentiation. Inheritance of sex-linked genes. Linkage, crossing-over and chromosome mapping in haploid and diploid organism. Mitotic segregation and recombination. Microstructure of chromosomes. Karyotype. Variations in chromosome structure. Variations in chromosome number. Mutations and mutagens. Quantitative traits. Principles of human genetics, genetic counseling. Principles of population genetics.
- 1. Mendelian genetics - history, principles of segregation and independent assortment. 2. Allelic interactions. 3. Gene interactions. 4. Mechanisms of sex determination. Sex differentiation. 5. Inheritance of sex-linked genes. 6. Linkage and crossing-over. 7. Chromosome mapping in haploid and diploid organism. 8. Mitotic segregation and recombination. 9. Microstructure of chromosomes,karyotype. 10.Variations in chromosome number. 11.Variations in chromosome structure. 12.Mutations and mutagens. 13.Genetic determination of quantitative traits and their analysis. 14.Principles of population genetics.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Každý týden, zkouška ústní.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Bi0580 Developmetal Genetics
(souhlas || Ex_3162 || Imp_9126 || B1900 || BMB32 || B6730 || B8470 || B3060 || Bi3060) && (Ex_3065 || Imp_9115 || B3120 || B4020 || B5740 || B6130 || B7940 || Bi4010 || Bi4020) && (Bi6081 || Bi6087 || Bi6088 || souhlas)
- Bi0999 Molecular ecology
(Bi1030 && Bi2090 && Bi3060 && Bi4010 && Bi7900 && Bi7150) || souhlas
- Bi3060c Basic genetics - practice
- Bi5180 Quantitative genetics
Bi3060 && Bi5040
- Bi6170 Genetics II
- Bi6270 Cytogenetics and cytogenomics
Bi3060 && Bi4020 || NOW(Bi4020)
- Bi6270c Cytogenetics - practice
Bi3060 && Bi4020 || NOW(Bi4020) && NOW(Bi6270)
- Bi7150 Mechanisms of Microevolution
- Bi7240 Applied genetics and plant breeding
Bi3060 && Bi4020
- Bi0580 Developmetal Genetics